Named Best Urgent Care 9 Years in a Row!
Bronchitis and pneumonia
Swollen and inflamed passages that carry air to the lungs cause difficulty with breathing. This condition, known as bronchitis, is typified by a narrowing of the airways. A virus is at the cause of the infection, typically following a cold or flu-like illness. Symptoms can include:
- Chest discomfort
- Cough that produces mucus — the mucus may be clear or yellow-green
- Fever — usually low-grade
- Shortness of breath that gets worse with activity
- Wheezing, in people with asthma
An infection in one or both of the lungs is known as pneumonia. Causes of pneumonia include such germs as bacteria, viruses and fungi. Pneumonia too can be caused by inhaling a liquid or chemical. Those most at risk include people older than 65 or younger than 2 years of age, or those with existing health problems.
Symptoms of pneumonia include:
- A high fever
- Shaking chills
- A cough with phlegm that doesn’t improve or gets worse
- Shortness of breath with normal daily activities
- Chest pain when you breathe or cough
- You feel suddenly worse after a cold or the flu
Our well-trained providers at Your Doc’s In are available on a walk-in basis and without an appointment to meet your health care needs. Services at our urgent care centers are available at all our clinics by our friendly, personable and capable staff.
We are open seven days a week with extended hours in some of our clinics. Care is provided for infants all the way through adults. And most insurance plans are accepted. Whether you are visiting the Ocean City area or a resident on the Delmarva Peninsula, take advantage of the services offered at Your Doc’s In. Your Doc’s In, “For Life’s Little Emergencies”. Proudly serving the community on the Eastern Shore since 2005.